Bachelor of Science Degree | Alternative and Renewable Energy Management
The Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Alternative and Renewable Energy Management will enable you to explore with a broad based knowledge of the sustainable energy industry combined with a general education foundation and business and management applications.
This degree program enables students to explore the exciting field of alternative and renewable energy management with courses including, but not limited to:
- Solar Energy and Photovoltaics
- Energy and the Environment
- Construction Safety
- Nuclear Energy
- Wind Energy
- Geothermal Energy
- Hydroelectric Energy
- Managing an Alternative Energy Project
Emphasis is placed on communication skills, global awareness, management skills, critical thinking, codes and standards, and construction and environmental regulations and requirements. Graduates of this program can be prepared for productive management careers in the alternative and renewable energy field. A capstone course is available.
Everglades University is committed to “going green.”
- Member of the Sarasota County Green Business Partnership
- Ranked as one of Affordable Colleges Online’s Best Online Environmental Science Degree for 2015-2016
- Education Partner with the U. S. Green Building Council and Pearson Education
- 2013 Florida Gulf Coast LEEDership Award
- Winner of 2013 Outstanding Business Award by U.S. Green Building Council, Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
Everglades University (EU) is an Educational Partner for the U. S. Green Building Council (USGBC). EU is committed to weaving the principles of both green building and environmental consciousness into each of its programs of study in order to meet the increasing demand for green careers. Each of EU’s campuses is making strides towards reducing its carbon footprint.
In addition to its solar projects at its Sarasota Campus, Everglades University has partnered with Pearson Education to deliver courses such as “Introduction to Sustainability” and “Fundamentals of Nutrition,” which will be required in all of its undergraduate programs. These courses have wellness and sustainability at their core. From its programs with an explicit focus on sustainability, such as Environmental Policy and Management, Land and Energy Management, Alternative and Renewable Energy Management, and Construction Management, to its programs in which the emphasis on sustainability is less obvious, like Alternative Medicine and Hospitality Management, Everglades University is committed to “going green.”
Everglades University’s students have easy access to our online learning community and experienced faculty that hold a Master‘s or Doctoral Degree in their discipline. All degree programs are available at one of our convenient Florida campus locations or 100% online.
Give us a call to learn more. Our admissions counselors are here to answer any questions that you may have about our Alternative and Renewable Energy Management program.
*Residential housing is not available through Everglades University.
Why Everglades University?
- Regionally accredited – Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Member of the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF) – One of only 32 private, non-profit, regionally accredited institutions in the state of Florida. Earn the respected education area employers are looking for.
- Designed for working adults – one course subject at a time every 4 weeks, enjoy small class sizes and flexible schedules. Online courses available for all majors.
- Affordable – Financial aid and state grants available to those who qualify.
- Veteran friendly – veteran’s benefits can be utilized, EU is proud to be ranked a military friendly University again in 2017!